Friday, March 2, 2012

This

I linger

and for a minute
I can’t focus my eyes.

They dart about the tiniest of rooms.

There are pictures and landscapes
and clocks hanging on the walls
telling me what time it is.

A globe of the world is in the far corner
I walk over and spin it.

It’s 3am.

I check the door and it’s locked
pressure builds in my ears
a sinking ship.

There’s a change in me:
pigtails and freckles still cover
but the leather I lay upon creaks

like I’m old.

Or maybe
I’m new with a red ribbon tied around me
waiting for you to unwrap.

The wind is blowing outside
how is it that you do not hear?

From this tiny room and these four walls
maps and frames
it howls and breaks.
Bearing upon us messages
as we perch like birds.

I begin to focus and the scene shocks me:
the lump of fear
screams into my view.
It is black
red
and loud
I panic.

You panic

and we blur for another day.

1 comment:

  1. This is sooooooo beautiful, and adds another complicated layer to one of the most gorgeous, bad ass souls I know and love. Live, sherry

    ReplyDelete